Saturday, 5 November 2016

The Little Island of Guernsey

My friend Ric lives in Guernsey. He's been there for a few years now and up until now I haven't had the chance to visit. Things eventually aligned and I found myself with a last minute trip to the little island of Guernsey - and what a beautiful island it is! It is a tiny little dot between the south coast of England and France, that's next to the slightly bigger dot of Jersey. Here are some photos:

And here are Ric and his Rach! :) They took a morning off work to give me a whirlwind tour!

It was gloriously sunny on the my first day. Here is the biggest town.

Here is a beach, one of 4 that I visited! It was so warm someone was swimming!

Here is another beach. So very pretty.

Here's another beach I went to visit on my own and had it all to myself! This one was all pebbly

I went for a walk along the coast and noticed that there were always benches in the most beautiful spots. Here is one of the spots.

I was sat on a very high wall when I took this picture. There's a possibility that one of those island blobs could be another country entirely! :)

It's hard to believe that Guernsey is just a stone's throw away from Manchester. My flight wasn't even an hour and it felt like a completely different world. It's filled with sandy beaches, and breathtaking views, and is a place full of adventure with a much slower pace. I know that I was spoiled with 2 wonderfully warm days, but I think it really helped me to drink in the surroundings: Guernsey is beautiful. 

I had to work when I was in Guernsey, so I didn't have time to see everything. At the same time, I don't think I wanted to do it all in 4 days. I kinda like the fact that I've got more to see and a return visit on the horizon, and more Ric and Rach time to book in too!

I'm so glad that I took this short break. It helped me to relax a little, to see a little more of our glorious world and bask happily in unexpected sunshine. I'm looking forward to going back, but feel much better about being at home. I needed the time away, it seems. Now... back to doing All The Things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)