Friday, 24 June 2016

Ten Days in Singapore

I'm coming to the end of an adventure in Singapore and it has been choc-a-block. I feel like I have eaten the world, and I also feel like I done a year's worth of pay advocacy in a matter of days. It makes me miss Morgan so - when we work together we get to share the talking! Haha. Anyway, here are some photos of my time in Singapore:

I was so excited to be part of Hui Wei and Steve's beautiful wedding. It's been about 8 years since I last saw HW but it's like we were never apart. I'm so pleased that she found a lovely person to spend the rest of her life with. :)

I lead a workshop and screening for The Land and I'm excited to say that there are folks in Singapore who are up for a little more risk and challenge in play!

After speaking twice at a play conference at SIM University, I was interviewed to be on TV! I have no idea when that will come out but it's for Channel News Asia!

I ate delicious durian by the pool on a beautifully sunny but breezy day. Just one small example of the amazing foods I have eaten on this trip, haha! This pool was generously opened up to me by friend-of-the-family Julian and his wife who took me in for a few days :)

I enjoyed the local wildlife - there are some extraordinary creatures in Singapore! Look at this dragonfly!

Here's some of the wonderful architecture in Singapore - funnily enough, this is simply a shopping mall!

I discovered a whole bunch of sandcastles by the beach!

Here are two lovely people that I spent the majority of my week with. Louise there is an amazing play advocate and author of Days of Play. That in the background is her little boy. Together we have eaten so many things, seen so many things - it's been awesome. Thank you so much for taking a week out of your time, welcoming me into your home and taking me everywhere. You are awesome, Louise!

My bags are now packed and I'm ready to buzz off to Hong Kong to see my family there. I'm sad to be leaving this super clean, super well thought out country. I've had a lot of fun here - I hope I get to come back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting zanplay.blogspot.com. Please leave a message if you have time :)